Moment of Fame - Free Online Photo Hosting and Galleries!

Go Back   Moment of Fame > Fishing Forums > Sportboats Board

Old 01-12-2005, 08:14 PM   #1
biggabe
Team MOF

Default LEGEND 1-1/2 DAY ROCKCOD TRIP FEB 25/27

I SIGNED UP FOR THIS ROCKCOD TRIP ON THE LEGEND, ANYONE IN HERE GOING??? ONLY $150.00, NOT BAD, DOES NOT INCLUDE MEX, PERMITS,, I SURE HOPE SOME OF YOU GUY'S GO ON SOME OF THESE TRIPS... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
biggabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
navyfish

A fish taco / freezer run. :D I'll put this on the calender to see if I can squeeze it in. It is a great price. I wonder if the mex permit I'm buying for Ensenada would work for the trip? Maybe I'll see you at the rail Gabe.

TEAM MOF ~ the fish hunters cometh
navyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:26 PM   #3
navyfish

Fishwife is sending me on this trip for a birthday/Anniversary gift. :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'll see you at the rail Gabe. You are leaving your daughter at home, right? The rest of would like to catch fish too. LOL.

Old 01-13-2005, 02:36 PM   #4
Reyno022

Man I wish I was gonna be on that trip...
Reyno022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:36 PM   #5
biggabe
Team MOF

WHY CAN'T YOU GO REYNO??? HOW ABOUT YOU JOHNNY??? ROGER... GUY'S... 8) 8)
Old 01-14-2005, 10:41 AM   #6
navyfish

Yeah Johnny, go. You might get a giant red this time. Look at the Premier trip. You wanted 1 red and you got a bag full. How often do you get to bottom fish in mexico? You too Roger, come on the trip with us.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:54 PM   #7
biggabe
Team MOF

YEA GUY'S IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU GUY'S WOULD GO ALSO, GONNA BE A GREAT TRIP, MUCHO BIG PESCADO 8) 8) 8) ROGER, JOHNNY, REYNO, KNUTZ,, LETS GO,,,,,, 8) 8) 8)
Old 01-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #8
navyfish

My son's going too. He'll turn 15 on the water. Sunday Feb 27th is the big day for him. Can't wait for this trip. :D :D :D

Old 01-14-2005, 04:17 PM   #9
kikaida
Super Moderator

Gotta see what the finances look like. I really want to go but don't want to shoot my self in the foot...I'm running out of feet!

kikaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 05:19 PM   #10
navyfish

Come on Johnny. I'm walking on my hands right now. If I can do it you can do it. :D Hope you make it onboard. They are even giving you a free shirt. That way they know who to throw over. :shock:
I look at it this way. How much would I spend at the store vs the trip for the same amount of meat plus the added entertainment value. I know there's no for sure catch but the odds are in our favor.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:38 PM   #11
kikaida
Super Moderator

All said and done, trip-plus permit-plus gas sur charge-plus tip-plus food and maybe cleaning= Close to $300! Yeeeowww-hoo-hoo-hoooo!

Job is pretty shakey right now...I've survived a bunch of lay offs but we are teetering on the brink of backruptcy and I'm realy watching the cash right now. :cry:

Boat goes in to turn its head and cough next tuesday and thats gonna set me back a bit. Any extra penny I deem safe to spend right now is going to the boat. You'll thank me come summer time when we are slaying um!

Plus look at it this way, I can always drive down and take some fillets of your hands when you get back!

Old 01-15-2005, 12:22 PM   #12
Reyno022

I knowI know....I should be going. But uinfortunately, it will have to be a last minute descision for me. I will be traveling a lot in Fedruary for work, and on the advice of my CEO, I am back in school, add a fiance to that and things gert a little hectic. But if I can make it.....you better beleive I will be there :!:
Reyno022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:00 PM   #13
navyfish

For those who didn't make the trip you missed out on a lingcod fest. We had 38 legals boated and as many shorts. 8) The bocaccio were huge, some jumbo squid, cow cod, big starry rockfish & lots of nice reds. Full on limit style fishing. The drift was fast due to the wind being up so heavy lead was required but the trip was great. I brought mine home to clean at the Redondo Beach pier, needed the practice and saved alot of cash. You should've seen all the people's eyes bugging out when I started pulling fish out of the cooler. :shock: They kept all the fish in a RSW hold till we got home. If you want to go on a mex rock cod trip try to get on the Legend, you wont be sorry.
I'll try to post a couple pics. Still waiting for my film to come back.

Here's my first legal ling;

Here's Jon's first ling. Not bad for a 15yr olds birthday trip.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:58 PM   #14
kikaida
Super Moderator

Niiiice, way to slay!