Moment of Fame - Free Online Photo Hosting and Galleries!

Go Back   Moment of Fame > Fishing Forums > Private Boaters Reports

Old 10-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
Freddie
Team MOF

Unhappy 10/27 - Fulfilling Wife's Fishing Order - Pic

What a beautiful day. Light offshore winds and flat seas and the last days before the end of daylight savings :-( Lousy moon cycle, but I just had to be on the water. So I did a solo to fish Catalina from Arrow Point up to the West. Bet on the tide change about noon.

My wife asked what I was targeting. I said hopefully YT. She said we have YT, dorado, some WSB, and even lobster in the freezer, but we have no halibut. She loves halibut and loves to cook with it. So I promised to put in a drift for her at some point.

Set up in fishy area and chummed all but 5 lime green sardines to use for halibut. Had some small tails from about 8 to 12# boil on the chum but there were so many small bonies I couldn't get a bait to the tails and the bonies grabbed every piece of iron on the sink or immediately on the retrieve. Very frustrating.

At 3pm I returned to a small sandy cove I spotted on the front side that just looked like halibut territory. First sardine, boom, a nice, healthy and very fat 14# flattie. Pulled the lines and headed home and called my wife to let her know I got her a halibut. In return, she met me at the dock to help with the cleanup. Here's Sharman (frigging pink again) holding the flattie. Does anyone have any idea what has happened to my flash that everything bright comes out PINK :-(

http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/...0/112580ps.jpg

Fish the Tides - Freddie

Last edited by scubapro5; 10-27-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
navyfish

1st, are you shooting with a digital camera? if so I'd say one issue is your white balance setting is off. First try to see if you 1. can adjust it, 2. do a master reset to put all setting to factory default.

2nd, is this only happening with the flash? if so is it the same during daylight as it is during night shots?

If it does this only when your flash pops it means you flash unit is gone and it needs to be replaced. Or one other thing to check is to see if the power setting is turned down on the flash. but more then likely it's your flash tube took a dump.

TEAM MOF ~ the fish hunters cometh
navyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #3
scubapro5
Administrator

Congrat on the halibut Freddie.

My fience likes scallops so that is what I bring home to make her happy and of coarse lobster!

Roger

www.momentoffame.com
scubapro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:43 AM   #4
Freddie
Team MOF

Default Pink

I tried to play with the Whiteness but nothing helps. Outdoors flash or no flash screen shows only pinkness. Have had nothing but problems trying to repair electronics. Canon Power Shot A70 gave me 3 good years of good shots for an amateur using the minimal settings, so I'm satisfied. Heck, computers seem to only last 3 to 5 years on average. So I just ordered from Amazon the A630 at $50 less than I paid for the A70 3 years ago and it has a 2.5 in screen. So hopefully the end of the pink, LOL.
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #5
Natedogg
Team MOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie
So I just ordered from Amazon the A630
Thats a great camera. The wife and I love ours, but I'm not allowed to take it near the ocean.
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #6
southbound
MOF Dive Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg
Thats a great camera. The wife and I love ours, but I'm not allowed to take it near the ocean.
Just take it out of your dive bag before you spray your gear off and maybe she will let you use it!
southbound is offline   Reply With Quote