Moment of Fame - Free Online Photo Hosting and Galleries!

Go Back   Moment of Fame > Fishing Forums > Private Boaters Reports

Old 11-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
tunaslam
Team MOF

Default Rpt Sun 11-04-07 Local Bass'n

Fishing Sat., with Lal, on his 18? boat "Rubber Ducky", we launched out of Davies, in Long Beach, at 5:30 am. The seas were calm, but a little foggy, so we made our way out to the Palo Verdes area at a moderate speed.

Lal selected an area that resulted in excellent fishing the prior weekend, metered some good structure to go along with lots of large bait schools, most likely mackerel. A few casts later I was bit on the drop back, and started the day with a 14? Calico Bass. Lal was soon bit, and it was a big?n, taking drag on his 12 lb. outfit. After a good fight, the large 3.5 lb. Calico Bass was hoisted aboard for a quick pic, and released.

Lal with this dandy 3.5 lb. Calico Bass.

Lal became red hot and landed about 7 bass in a row, with several more at or over 3 lbs like this one.

My Calico bass so far were in the 1.5 to 2 lb. range, until this big guy jumped all over my plastic lure.

I followed that up with another dandy Calico Bass.

Lal was still catching two to my one on the bass, but I did manage to find some willing rockfish to stay somewhat in the hunt.

High tide was just after 7:20 am and the bite shutdown around 10:30 am, as we made numerous moves, finding few willing biters. I did manage to find a big hungry sand bass later in the day.

Here I am with this 3.5 Lb. Sand Bass.

A breeze came up around noon, and the drifts became quite rapid. Only catching a few fish after they shutdown mid morning, we called it a day at 1:30 pm while stopping at the wall for a last chance bite, which never happened.

We finished the day with 35 total bass, 28 Calico Bass to 3.5 lbs and 7 Sandies also to 3.5 lbs. and 15 assorted sculpin, Johnny Bass, Red Vermillion, and other rockfish! The quality of the Calico Bass was outstanding, with most well over 2 lbs. and 15 inches in length.

Here I am with another Calico Bass

Lal with another nice Calico Bass.

All but one bleeding Calico Bass were released to fight another day.

Thanks Lal for the invite, another great day on the Rubber Ducky, can?t wait until we do it again.

Hook up! Cory
tunaslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
Fishnit

Nice job you guys!
Fishnit is offline   Reply With Quote