Moment of Fame - Free Online Photo Hosting and Galleries!

Go Back   Moment of Fame > Fishing Forums > Private Boaters Reports

Old 10-02-2004, 03:04 PM   #1
scubapro5
Administrator

Default Redondo Lobster opening night 10/02

I always look forward to the opening of lobster season and this year was another successful opener.

I headed down to Redondo at 9pm and I decided to stop by the pier to visit all the guys from the message board that were suppose to meet up and go hoopnetting.

I found Big Gabe with his wife and 2 of his kids relaxing on the pier fishing and waiting for midnight to start hoop'n. I stayed for about 30min. but couldn't stay longer since I had 2 friends waiting for me at my boat.

When I got to the boat Yutaka and Chris were there waiting for me but we still had alot of time till midnight. We talked for a bit than loaded up all the dive gear and headed thru the harbor and stopped to talk to Malibu Frank and Jim(sabaslayer) that were in there kayaks hoopnetting inside Redondo harbor.

I also said hi to Sammy and Joe as they were heading out of the harbor in their boat all ready for their midnight dive.

At the stoke of midnight I drop off Yutaka and Chris into the water and after about 15 minutes Chris is back up with his limit of 7 nice lobsters than Yutaka is back up from his dive with another 7 lobsters with his biggest at about 4-5lbs.

I quickly suited up and into the water I go and after a short time I got my limit of 7 lobsters and we are done for the night.

Dive and Surf dive shop has a promotional contest every year where you show a lobster to Dive and surf after midnight and get a free t-shirt,cofee and donuts.

Here is some pics of tonight catch.

Roger

www.momentoffame.com
scubapro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:20 PM   #2
biggabe
Team MOF

hey maybe i will learn to dive, catch me some bugs..ha ha ha,, no way!!
biggabe is offline   Reply With Quote