Moment of Fame - Free Online Photo Hosting and Galleries!

Go Back   Moment of Fame > Fishing Forums > Other Saltwater Fishing Reports

Old 07-10-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
navyfish

Talking 7/8/06 first time surf fishing

The wife & I attended a surf fishing seminar on thursday with Dick from Purfield's tackle. After hearing the fun he has we decided to give it a shot saturday. We went to the jetty off torrance beach just to toss some lures as I don't have the proper gear yet for surf fishing. We took a couple 8lb rods and tied on a 4lb florocarbon leader with small chrome krocs. We were told that Corbina want meat at this time of year and there were plenty of sand crabs for those who wanted them. We started on the north side of the jetty for a while then moved to the south side. Kelly (wife) was hanging close to the jetty as I moved down 30' or so. We were just enjoying the morning not caring if we caught a fish when I hear her yelling for me. I look over and her rod is bendo & not the kind of bend the sea grass was giving us before. Next thing I know she's walking up away from the water dragging out a nice size fish. I went over to unhook it for her and was shocked to see the size of the corbina she caught and that it hit the kroc. So I ran up and grabbed the camera to get a shot as I couldn't believe the size of this fish. It weighed in at 1lb 11oz I don't know if this is big or not but compared to what the other people were catching and judging by their comments we figured it was a good size fish for the species. Now we are both waiting to go do this again, what a great way to spend time with the wife, girlfriend, family or whoever.

Here's a pic of kelly with her fish.

TEAM MOF ~ the fish hunters cometh
navyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:53 PM   #2
kikaida
Super Moderator

Hell yeah!!!! WTG! Those area a blast, sure beats catching dink perch. Next time you guys go lemme know, I'll try to meet up with you.

kikaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #3
navyfish

I'll give you a call in advance. It'd be fun to fish with you again and I know the wife would enjoy it too. We're think about this saturday again as I don't have to be at work till 6:00pm & sunday I'm taking my younger boy Ken on his first boat trip. I got a ticket for the kids trip on the BG90 out of SD.

TEAM MOF ~ the fish hunters cometh
navyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
kikaida
Super Moderator

Sweet lemme know, I'll be in Northern Cal prospecting with a buddy of mine this coming up weekend and dipping a line for some tricky troutses. Weekend after that though could work. Be nice to see you guys again.

kikaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #5
scubapro5
Administrator

Nice going on the croaker!

Thanks for the report!

Roger

www.momentoffame.com
scubapro5 is offline   Reply With Quote